Monday, January 30, 2006

Cory, Cory

Cory Doctorow, a writer with whom I do not always agree, has written a compelling post at boing boing that asks fantastic questions of the bigwigs of motion pictures. My favorite:

I'd also like to know whether they think that since Sony advertised the first generation of VCRs as tools for making libraries of your favorite shows, and since that has never been held to be legal by a US court, should Sony be busted under the Grokster decision, which makes you liable for infringements that you "induce" among your customers? If not, does the MPAA believe that making libraries of movies that are aired on broadcast TV is a fair use?

Check the rest of the post here. And do note that although I don't always agree with him, I think that Cory has many great things to say about copyright and it's problems and I respect him greatly.

Raul

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home